Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don't Just Buy. Shop.

The title of this blog comes from a wise little piece in this month's Esquire magazine. The author wants readers to think of shopping as an exercise in learning about one's own style and tastes. I share his opinion and pass it on to my clients.

I so often hear from my Santa Barbara wardrobe clients that they hate shopping. This is understandable if one is shopping under stress, or one feels fat, or tired, or feels cash-strapped. . . The reasons are numerous and varied. I understand that shopping is not always a party, but it can be done if not with joy, than at least with purpose and focus.

Eric Jennings ends the article with these brilliant words: "When you do it [shopping] the right way--when you know what to look for and how to make your money go the extra mile--it becomes less of an obligation and more of an opportunity. For better stuff, for better savings, or for something that will set you apart."

No comments: