Sunday, January 18, 2009

Worth the Investment

Ten years ago I splurged and bought my husband an expensive Ghurka wallet for our anniversary. It was a beauty: black, in a classic design, and soft as a petal. He adored this wallet but could not get over its price. He does not always understand my Wardrobe Wisdom: spend more money on something you will use the most; and buy a classic, fantastically made piece since it is an investment that will last for years.

Last year my husband gave this wallet to my brother when he decided to follow the advice of a time management person (not a wardrobe expert!) and bought an (unattractive) money clip-style wallet. I am still not sure how this has made his daily life more efficient, but I do know this: the Ghurka still looks great and continues to serve its purpose. My brother, who does appreciate quality and style, carries it every day.

The moral of the story is, again, buy quality when you can. It is worth it!

No comments: