Friday, September 18, 2009

Rebagz


I've had a hard time getting excited about the HUGE handbags being churned out for the past few years. Since I am petite, these enormous statement bags looked absurd on me. So it's rare that a handbag catches my eye in a positive way.

Enter Rebagz. These stylish, original bags are the brainchild of Mary Stevens-Heebner, who says, "Some carried rice and grains around. Others were fruit juice packs – the kind you stick a straw in and slurp from. But after those jobs were done, these packs and sacks were just too colorful to throw away. So instead they’re rescued and transformed into our whimsical bags, handmade especially for you, by a wonderful women’s cooperative in the Philippines.
Now just wear, enjoy - and recycle!"

Go to the Rebagz website now and see if you can resist buying one of these unique, sensational bags. Good luck!

2 comments:

Mary Hershey said...

Love these bags, too, Lori! Thanks for the link.

And, L-O-V-E your new photo. :-)

Mary Hershey

Nicki said...

Hi Lori! I agree these eco-chic bags are stylish and sustainable! And I can't wait to see the new Rebagz line, Statement Makers. http://rebagz.com/blog/?p=367