Sunday, September 27, 2009

Leave It To The Experts

Part of my recent website update involved taking new head shots. Sure, I could have taken the easy way out and asked my husband or a friend to snap some photos on a day I felt attractive. But I've done that before with varying degrees of success. I decided to take my own advice and hire an expert, Rick Carter.

On the day we met, he put me immediately at ease, asking me what backgrounds I preferred and gently telling me how to stand and hold my head. Left to my own devices, I would have had little idea what poses to strike. This process can be very awkward, but Rick's professionalism and confidence made it comfortable and easy.

Another local expert is esthetician Roxanne Zbinden, at Cielo Spa. She is the one I turn to for skin-care advice. She is knowledgeable and gives outstanding facials in addition to other spa treatments. I could never receive such a level of expertise at my local drug store or from a department store cosmetics counter.

When people ask me why they should hire me instead of relying on themselves or their friends for fashion advice and wardrobe management, I tell them they should hire me because I am an expert. I spend most of my time reading about, shopping, and researching fashion and style. I know how to organize a closet and make efficient use of closet space; I know what colors and styles suit different body types, and where to tell people to find the clothing they seek, always remaining mindful of their particular budgets.

Hiring an expert, whether it is a photographer, esthetician, or wardrobe consultant, saves you time, money, and stress. It is worth it!

No comments: