Monday, September 7, 2009

Good-Bye to Longs

I have written before about Longs Drug Store and what a pleasure it has been to shop there. Now that my favorite drug store has officially become CVS I am devastated. What a completely different and dry, unsatisfying experience is is to go there now.

In the past, I could kill a lot of time going up and down Longs' aisles. Even if I just wanted to buy some fun lipstick, I would check out the stationery aisle, the shampoo aisle, and the wine aisle. I so, so loved the big section set aside for natural beauty products by Kiss My Face, Burt's Bees, Alba, and others.

Now that section, and the wonderfully informed woman who managed it, are gone. In its place are row upon row of cheap CVS brand products, and sterile, empty-looking shelves along every aisle. Ugh.

I never thought I would pine for a drug store. But I do.

1 comment:

Susan W H said...

I'm with you on this one. Many of my favorite products disappeared, the shopping cards are annoying, and the coupons expire before I get a chance to use them.

In this last year our area has lost some favorite restaurants, two good grocery stores that were replaced by stores with "bargains," inferior store brands, as well as individual clothing stores.

My husband always says re the business world: "Change or die."