Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gap Jeans

Last week I spent an afternoon at the Gap, trying on their new 1969 jeans. Melissa was super helpful, finding all but one style (The Boyfriend) in my size and ferrying jeans to and from my dressing room. Did I like them? Yes. Was the denim similar to other premium brands' denim? Not quite. Did they fit? Some better than others. Would I recommend trying them on? YES!

Here are the different styles and my comments:

Perfect Boot: I liked the wide waistband and cute 2 button closure. The dark wash looked dressy and they were flattering from the back. These were as close to perfect as I got that day!

Sexy Boot: This one had a super low rise (not good on me with my long waist) and flattened out my bottom. Not pretty. Again, the dark fabric looked and felt good.

Real Straight: Indescribably bad on me. These would be good on a taller, leaner person who wanted to tuck them into boots.

Long & Lean: Inexplicably, I took a smaller size in this style. They had some distressed whiskering in the front and looked great from the back. I think it's funny that this style fit me as I am only 5' 4".

Curvy: I really liked the feel and leg of these though the pockets hit me low in the back. I am not very curvy.

Always Skinny: See Real Straight above.

The 1969 Jeans are definitely worth trying on, and I would suggest trying all the styles. Buying jeans in a current style is a foolproof way to update your wardrobe. My body shape (rectangle) did not match up with the style for which it was designed. Every pair but one was a bit big in the waist which is highly unusual for me. So give yourself time in The Gap--you may find your dream jeans there.

P.S. There are some super cute, reasonably priced T-shirts at The Gap these days!

No comments: