Friday, October 3, 2008

What to Wear

Today I worked in the boutique. Getting ready for work involves drying my hair--all the way--going through all the steps of my makeup routine, and wearing a lovely outfit. These are all things I do not mind doing when I can take my time in the morning.
However, tonight I went out for a casual dinner with my daughter, and I was not up for going through this entire regime all over again. My daughter thinks I always look fine (she is still young!), but as a wardrobe consultant, I need to look put-together all the time.
Hence my love of the uniform. By uniform I mean an oufit that is easy to throw on, always looks sharp, and requires little thought. There is one look I can count on, and I recommend that every man or woman figure out what her or his personal uniform is.
My uniform is a nice pair of jeans, a white or black t-shirt, and a pretty cardigan. If I am feeling blah, I wear a colorful, interesting cardigan. If I am in a mellow mood, I opt for a simple, gray or black sweater. Once I add a classic necklace, a swipe of lipstick, and some cute flats, I am ready to go. This look never fails me and simplifies my life countless times per week.

No comments: