Tuesday, October 28, 2008

(Scarf) Mission Accomplished

I found the scarf and now the Mod Squad ensemble is complete! Yes, I braved Alpha Thrift one last time to procure the ideal scarf. This accessory would tie the entire outfit together--and it would literally be tied around the terrific blond wig as a wide headband. I knew what I wanted and plunged both hands into the scarf bin.

After awhile I found a Missoni-style striped scarf with fringed ends. It was indeed very colorful and Mod-esque, but it was also a bit tattered and would be challenging to use as a headband. So I tossed it back into the pile and continued my search. Twenty minutes passed before I struck gold: a long, narrow scarf with a paisley design in orange-red, brown, and off-white. Oh, and it was only $3.99.

I brought it home, washed and ironed it, and presented it to my Santa Barbara wardrobe client today. She (and her associates) were thrilled! It looks wonderful on her and she is looking forward to getting dressed up for Halloween. I cannot wait to see the photos!

No comments: