Saturday, October 6, 2012

Teacher Fashion

Photo Credit: Never Been Kissed movie still


Admittedly, I do mental makeovers all the time. At my girls' back to school nights, I saw some well-dressed teachers and several who looked pretty sloppy. I could not have been the only parent who paid the latter group less attention than the former ones who looked like they took their jobs seriously. Clothing does send a strong message.

Natalie Smith, from Foothill Technology High School in Ventura, sent me this super article about the way teachers at her school dress. I think the video is also great.

Let me add that I have nothing but respect for teachers, having been one and having grown up in a family of educators. I simply think there is value in dressing well, regardless of one's profession. And I realize that while Michael Vartan, pictured above, is not exhibiting notable fashion sense as a teacher here, he is handsome.

No comments: