Monday, October 15, 2012

A Bargain?



 I recently posted on Facebook that my friend Katherine and I found a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps at Goleta's Alpha Thrift Store for $9.99. Katherine wondered why I was nearly apoplectic and I mentioned that Louboutin's shoes retail for hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars. She just thought they were cute, and since they were her size, I insisted she buy them.

Clearly the shoes were an incredible deal, but were they a bargain? Yes! I am reminded of Nina Garcia's following definitions:

Cheap: The characteristics of the garment rather than the price defines the quality of clothing. A cheap garment makes people wonder how little you spent on it if it is poorly made, looks too risque, or the material looks too synthetic. Avoid anything that looks cheap.

Inexpensive: This means well-made but low-cost clothing in wearable fabrics.

Bargain: Well-made, expensive clothing. . . found at a fantastic discount.




No comments: