Monday, October 8, 2012

Nina Garcia's Wardrobe Wisdom



 I learn something each time I re-read my fashion and style books. Lately I have been looking over Nina Garcia's Style Strategy. Here are some of her tips that I find particularly useful:

1. Any [clothing] you know that accentuates your best physical trait also accentuates your self confidence.

2. A great shoe can make a $20 outfit look like couture, and a poorly constructed shoe can make couture look like a cheap knockoff.

3. When you love what you are wearing, it shows.

4. Splurge on tailored classics; indulge in inexpensive trends.

5. Comfort in your own skin is the core of style.

6. The belief held by most nutritionists--that if you deprive yourself, you will fall off the wagon and binge--holds true for shopping, too. Shop smart!

7. Playfulness and humor are just as vital to fashion as good taste.

I applaud Garcia's inclusion of this quote from Tim Gunn: "Fit is the most neglected aspect of how we dress: that is, most people wear clothes that are too big or too small or a combination of both."




No comments: