Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Levi's Jeans

Photo Credit: Levi's website


I am a bit of a skeptic. When I see the young women at Victoria's Secret approaching me with measuring tape around their necks like stethoscopes, I question their ability to accurately measure me for a bra. Is it because the measuring tape seems so flimsy, tissue paper thin? In any event, except for my favorite tailor, Kim at ZipKleen, I don't put much stock in people's measuring skills.

What a welcome surprise it was then to have my skepticism challenged and obliterated at the Levi's store on State Street in Santa Barbara. I had been hearing about Levi's "Curve ID" jeans and noticed their ads throughout my fall fashion magazines. Growing up, Levi's had never fit me and I sort of gave up on trying to wear them. But this recent campaign piqued my interest in Levi's denim.

Upon entering the Levi's store, a young woman asked if I needed help. I told her I was interested in finding my Curve ID, and she asked another young woman to measure me. "Oh, boy", I thought, "Here comes the smoke and mirrors." Once I was measured, I was given two pairs of jeans to try on, the Slight and Demi Curve styles. The first pair seemed custom made--just for me! They (pictured above) were an absolute dream, hugging me where I wanted a closer fit and skimming over other parts of my legs. PERFECTION! The Demi style also fit well but could not compare to the Slight Curves.

I noted the style number and color, and then told the salesperson that my husband needed new jeans more than I did. I asked if they measured men and had the same system for determining what jeans would best suit them. No, they did not offer this service for men, but I was assured that my husband would be steered  in the  right direction. I am very eager to return to the Levi's store--for him and in the future, for me!

No comments: