Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Deep Thoughts about Clothing



It was surreal to be preparing dinner in my tiny Paris apartment while listening to NPR on my iPhone.   Such a familiar ritual in such an unfamiliar setting. One night I heard Tom Ashbrook,  the host of On Point, interviewing Elizabeth Cline, author of the new book Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion.   You can listen to the interview here.

Apartment Therapy offers some practical suggestions on how to be less wasteful, more mindful consumers. Go here to read it.

I think quite a lot about what happens to all the clothing that does not get purchased. Obviously, a great deal more is manufactured than is bought and worn. I wonder if our consumer habits will change in the future. According to Cline, they must.

No comments: