Monday, July 16, 2012

Worth a Look--Assistance League of SB



I ran a number of errands today, including consigning some baby clothes for a client and donating some clothing to the Assistance League, off Las Positas. Little did I know that it was Dollar Day, which meant that most of the items in the store were dramatically discounted and some cost only a dollar. Boy, was it bustling there.

After dropping of my client's items and collecting a donation tax form for her, I cruised into the "finer" women's clothing section of the Assistance League Shop.  Soon I was trying on two darling skirts in brand new condition. They did not fit, but this experience reminded me that stopping in at thrift and consignment stores once in awhile (I try to do this at least once a week), can yield some great deals on pretty terrific things. I keep a running list of clothing and accessories that I truly need in order not to fall prey to bargains I may encounter.

No comments: