Friday, July 13, 2012

The Correct Size



Sometimes when I shop with a Wardrobe Wisdom client, she is reluctant to try on a size that seems larger than her usual one. I stress to her that standard sizing is an oxymoron in this country today, and that she should just ignore the size on the label and simply purchase clothes that truly fit. Some women though, refuse to go up a size, thinking it signals a first step on a slippery slope.

If there were standard, reliable, consistent sizes, my wardrobe would consist of size 4 petite garments. However, I have clothing from size 0-10 in my closet, from XS to Large, and I have learned to go up or down a size, depending on where I shop and the style. Frustrating!

Last weekend I noticed the woman pictured above on the beach. It was extremely difficult for me not to approach her to suggest that perhaps her bathing suit top was a wee bit too small. I am thinking perhaps she should have gone up a size.

No comments: