Monday, July 30, 2012

Back on Top?




Sunday's Los Angeles Times' Image section contained a number of interesting and informative fashion articles. I was especially intrigued by the one titled "They're Back on Top." The "They" in the article refers to hats, which author Jenn Harris says are making quite a comeback. While I see a lot of fedoras in Santa Barbara, folks in this town seem slow to adopt this trend. But I am all for it!

I like what hat maker Azita Ariane Azarpira says: "To me, a modern milliner is not a slave to fashion. . . A modern milliner will encourage women to explore their inner beauty and share their individual beauty by wearing a hat that speaks to who they are." Sounds like she is the ideal person to help others figure out how to wear hats confidently.

Summer is a great time to test drive a hat since the styles are casual and you can find them everywhere. In Santa Barbara I recommend The Green and Yellow Basket, Goorin Brothers Hat Shop, and Nordstrom.

Our family cat, Woody, is pictured here in his Halloween hat. When we inherited him, his previous owners gave us a bag of cat costumes. My girls like to dress him up once in awhile, and he is resigned to humoring them. I am not suggesting that you put hats on your cats (or dogs).

No comments: