Saturday, June 30, 2012

To Market, To Market




For me, a highlight of any trip is going to the open markets. Sure, I scored a cute white dress at a random stall in Anglouleme, France, but what I really loved to see was the food. My cousin, Annie, has a market steps from her house, open 6 days a week! I am so envious. Besides the awe-inspiring array of fruits and vegetables, there are baked goods, sausages, meats, cheeses, flowers, and fish.

Of course I spotted a number of well-dressed women and men at the market. Why not look great as you are picking up your lettuce for that evening's dinner? I also saw what I consider the quintessential outfit worn by more mature Frenchwoman: a skirt, matching jacket, and loafers. The best people-watching ever can be had at open markets.

No comments: