Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Helpful Salespeople!!!!!!

On a recent shopping expedition I was pleased to find friendly, helpful salespeople at every turn. This makes the retail experience so much more pleasant. Instead of feeling like I was interrupting a personal conversation or phone call to have a dressing room opened, I received diligent, polite service--the way it should be!

At the Gap, a woman unlocked my dressing room, checked in on me every few minutes, and looked on the entire floor, including the back stock room, for a T-shirt I wanted. The cashier was equally cheerful and we had a nice conversation about necklaces before I left the store.

At the Swatch store, the manager was terrific. He let me try on a number of watches until I found the one I liked. Then he worked on taking links out of the band until it fit me perfectly. My friend was curious about some watches for her young boys, and he had a lot of suggestions and tips to offer. Not once did we feel rushed or pressured to buy anything.

We also went to J. Crew, where a quiet but very competent salesman brought me a beautiful pair of shoes in two sizes and some T-shirts that I was unable to find. He did not hover, but he did let me know he was there if I needed anything.

Stacy and I had a marvelous shopping day, largely due to the service we received. I am hopeful that this kind of service is becoming the norm, not the exception.

No comments: