Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gap Jeans

The Gap and its executive vice president of design, Patrick Robinson, are marketing the heck out of their new jeans line. Extensive, pull-out ads appear in several magazines this month. In a recent article in the Los Angeles Times, Robinson says about the new 1969 jeans, "And what we give them now is an even better [than more expensive jeans] rock-star butt -- at $59 . . . And that's Gap.". Hmmm. Seems like I need to get down to the Gap and check these jeans out, especially since my oldest daughter informed me that I have "a flat bottom."

Of course the Wardrobe Wisdom advice I give regarding jeans is to try several pairs on until you find ones that fit fantastically and make you feel good. This may take more than one shopping trip so allow time and be patient. You should also be open to tailoring the jeans if necessary. For example, if the jeans fit well everywhere save for a big waist, have some tucks taken in along the back of the waistband. While I am in love with my one premium pair of jeans, I still don't feel good about what I spent on them. Jeans do not need to cost a fortune to look great which is why I also own some wonderful, reasonably priced J. Crew jeans. Remember to buy two pairs, if your budget allows, once you find your dream jeans.

No comments: