Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Happy Accident

While visiting family and friends in Orange County last weekend, I grazed a snazzy BMW with my vehicle. Damn! I hopped out of my car and looked the other one over. The only marks were a few horizontal ones where my white paint had met with the BMW's lovely gunmetal gray. I scribbled a note to the car's owner and left it on the windshield, cursing myself for being distracted while I was hunting for a parking spot.

The following day I received a call from Anita, thanking me for leaving the note and wanting me to meet her at a nearby car wash. She was hoping that the car washers could rub out the marks. Relieved that Anita did not seem angry, I explained the situation to my two daughters, and they looked confused but understood we needed to make a side trip on our way back to Santa Barbara.

At the car wash, I was met by friendly Anita. We began talking and I learned that she was the owner of a boutique in Newport Beach called Maison Saint Marie. When I told her that I was a wardrobe consultant, she began to describe her boutique and invited me to see it. At the end of our conversation, we learned that the car looked like new and she was pleased with the result. Whew!

I zipped down PCH and walked into Anita's store. What a gem! She carries one-of-a-kind gowns, cocktail dresses, gorgeous purses, and beautiful jewelry. Immediately I began thinking of clients who would be drooling over her wares and I am anxious to share my find with them. We both felt that our meeting was meant to be!

No comments: