Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The (Almost) Perfect Shoe


I've been seeking the perfect pump for two years. All I want is one in a neutral shade, more on the pink than the yellow side, with a reasonable (1 1/2"-2 1/2") heel--and now for the tough part--this shoe needs to be comfortable. I envision myself wearing these pumps with skirts, dresses, and pants. They would elongate my legs and add a touch of elegance to my outfit.

As usual, J. Crew pulled through with my sartorial ideal. I tried it on over the weekend and fell in love. My friend and best shopping companion, Stacy, announced that they were "flawless." Yes, this was true except when I tried to walk a bit. They were not comfortable! Sure, I could wear them out to dinner or to do a talk, but could I stand on them for hours while working on a client's closet? No. Wardrobe Wisdom tells me that if they go on sale, I should snatch them up. After all, at a sale price, they would be worth having for certain occasions. However, for me to pay full price, they would need to be as comfy as the flip-flops I've been wearing all summer. I am hoping for a BIG sale soon.

No comments: