Monday, August 11, 2014

Packing Failures




This week I will let you know how well I packed for my European adventures this summer.  Though I am known as an expert packer, and have packed for many clients successfully, I had a few failures this time around.

You may remember my Crocs angst from a previous post.  In the end, I purchased a pair of them in the Mary Jane style, thinking I'd wear them on bike rides and on the rocky beaches of Croatia. These shoes did not pull through for me in either area. Of course since they are made of plastic, they became sweaty and uncomfortable on the bike ride. While they felt okay on the beaches, they were too buoyant once I hit the water. My daughter's classic swim shoes (shown above, from Ebay) were the best option (and were not so much less attractive than the Crocs).

My other failure was my choice of tote bags. I wanted one that would go with all of my outfits, that had a zipper closure, and that would accommodate my important travel papers and reading materials. The Kate Spade navy bag I purchased on Ebay was a wee bit too small to hold everything. I really had to move my items around to make them all fit. It was also made of an unyielding fabric that made it tough to cram under my seats on the plane, buses, and ferries. For my next trip, I hope to find a tote made of soft fabric, leather, or faux leather that is a big larger (like the one above, from Brass Plum at Nordstrom).

No comments: