Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Sad Day



For several years, I have been stalking a black blazer by Theory. I have tried it on when I am shopping, I have visited it on the web, and I was tempted to steal it off the back of a co-worker when I spotted hers. This jacket seemed perfect to me for its weight, timeless style, flattering fit, and comfort. HOWEVER, this jacket is priced around $400, which is way out of my budget.

So when I was shopping Nordstrom's recent Anniversary Sale with my friend, Stacy, I tried on the jacket again. Its sale price was closer to $350 which was better but still not a bargain. Stacy told me several reasons why I needed to just bite the bullet and make the purchase, mostly quoting my own Wardrobe Wisdom shopping advice. (She also added that the jacket was worth the price if I would stop pining for it once and for all.)

I bought the jacket and went home feeling giddy. When I returned to Nordstrom later that week, I intended to get its sleeves shortened. This is when things went downhill. The tailor informed me that I would lose a button if the sleeves were shortened, leaving me with only 2 buttons which looks weird. She also said that once they were shortened they would be too tight to roll up, thus depriving me the ability to show off the cool, striped lining. I felt deflated. My perfect jacket was flawed. I returned it with a heavy heart.

Sorry, Stacy. The quest continues!

No comments: