Thursday, August 21, 2014

Not that I Need Them . . .


Photo Credits:  Jen7 on top, Saksfifthavenue.com; Spanx on bottom, Nordstrom.com

But I am quite eager to try two new jeans lines: by Spanx and 7 for All Mankind.

Over the years I've recommended Spanx for my clients. These undergarments do what they are supposed to do: they smooth out bumpy parts of our bodies and hold in the jiggly parts; they support our breasts and lift our bottoms; and they offer myriad styles. Women tell me they like how they look when they wear Spanx, but they are not very comfortable. Well, that's the trade off. Tim Gunn, one of my fashion world idols, likes to say that if you want to be comfortable, dressed in your pajamas all day, then don't get out of bed!

Obviously, these new jeans are not pajamas. Founder Sara Blakely claims that the main difference between her jeans and others "is a lot of slimming jeans on the market didn't have the wise waist panel and side zipper. . . We spent a significant amount of time on the back pocket--the size, the shape, how high up on the rear it should be."

According to another article I read in Sunday's Los Angeles Times, "Jen7 aims to offer the tailored fit of high-end jeans without trend-driven teen silhouettes. The Jen7 top block has been designed to have a higher rise that eliminates gapping and allows for more room through the hips than the traditional pair of premium jeans."  Vice President of Product Peggi Jewell states, "this top block was built for a woman who is fit but has possibly had children and encountered some inevitable changes in her body."

Sign me up! I plan to try on these jeans and report on my experience this fall. Jen7 will be available at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom. Spanx jeans are sold at Macy's and Nordstrom.


No comments: