Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pssst: I Got a Pair of Crocs



The word is out, and I am not too proud to say I am quite pleased with my purchase. As I stated in a previous post, I needed a pair of shoes that I could both ride a bike in and wear comfortably on a rocky beach this summer. Having resigned myself to wearing not-so-attractive, Tevas, I was disappointed to come up empty handed after failing to find an inexpensive pair.

I turned then to Ebay and to Croc. I know. . . I know. . . I have ridiculed Crocs ever since they came on the scene, having found them hideous.  My fashionable co-worker gave me a lot of grief for even considering Crocs. But I persevered, and found a pair that suit my needs: They are not atrocious in appearance; they are comfortable and lightweight; they will serve the dual purpose I need them for; and they were only $20.

Laugh at me all you want. I am content with my new shoes though I don't think they will make it into my suitcase upon my return to Santa Barbara in July.

2 comments:

mark minnoch said...

Say it isn't so!!

Lori Cooper said...

I know, Mark. I did not say I was thrilled about this purchase. Heather was also shocked!