Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Karma Times Two



When I was growing up, I offered a great deal of unsolicited fashion advice to my mom. I started Wardrobe Wisdom at a young age. My mom did not always appreciate my comments but she sure seems to remember them. Now she finds some delicious satisfaction when she sees my two daughters giving me fashion advice, whether I want it or not.

The pants pictured here are new to my wardrobe. I saw them on a salesperson at Anthropologie the other day and thought they were very cute. My friend Stacy thought the same and told me to try them on. I did and found them adorable and incredibly soft and comfortable. "Sure," I thought to myself, "they are a bit goofy and not my usual style, but they are fun and whimsical." I purchased them.

When I modeled them for my 14 and almost 12-year old daughters, I was met with laughter and embarrassment. Yes, they were embarrassed for me. I told them I did not care what they thought and would wear them with confidence and joy. At least I think I will. Before taking off the tags, I will try them on with various shoes and tops in my wardrobe and decide how I really feel in them. If I feel great, I will keep them and ignore my girls' snickers. But if I feel silly, they will be returned. Sometimes clothing needs to be tried on at home before a final purchasing decision is made.

1 comment:

Calla Gold said...

I love your share about the new pants and kids easy embarrassment of their parents.
Being so conservative, I probably wouldn't have had the guts to buy them, but they are just swooshy and cute!