Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Long and Short of It



A tall, personal hero of mine: Julia Child.

One of the things I enjoy about pubic speaking is the lively question and answer part of the session because I always learn something. After a recent talk at UCSB, I was asked where tall women can find clothing in town. Since I am 5' 4" this is not something I consider when shopping for myself. But I do have tall clients and know they are always looking for clothes that will fit them properly. They complain about pants and sleeves that are too short.

A tall (and very stylish) professor shared where she shops: Land's End and Talbots online, Banana Republic, and the Theory outlet in Camarillo. Theory is also available at Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue in town. She also says she has had good luck at the Gap and at J. Crew online.

Thanks, Dr. Kim!

No comments: