Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time for Some Tailoring


Photo Credit: Gina DeNuccio


Today I headed to my favorite tailor, Kim at Kim's Tailoring on the Mesa. I had set aside a blouse that needed its sleeves enlarged. (Who decided the sleeves needed to end in super tight elastic?)  I also wanted Kim to tack the opening of a dress that was a bit low for everyday wear. Then I realized I had a few other items that I had been looking at, pulling out of my closet, and then not wearing, for quite awhile. This included two skirts that were just too big in the waist, and a  new (consignment store) skirt whose slit in the back was a bit torn.

So I took all of my items to Kim's--only to learn she was out of town until May 6. Darn it! Now that I had finally put together a number of garments to be altered by her talented hands, I felt impatient. I may wait for Kim, but others have referred me to the following tailors with high praise:

Joan Wilkin at Nordstrom: : (805) 564-8770 ext. 1820
JRA Designs: 3 West Carrillo, Suite 202
Lee's Tailoring: 967-2869

Tony The Tailor: 30 W Mission St. (805) 569-3967

Eli's Place: 1236 Coast Village Cir # Q (805) 969-5995




Once I get my clothing tailored, I will have some wonderful "new" things to wear. I cannot wait (really!). Look in your closet today. If you see garments you truly like but haven't worn because they need a little tweaking, now is the time to take them to a tailor. Or just get rid of them once and for all (I am talking to you, Sunny!).


No comments: