Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dapper Day at Disneyland!

Photo Credit: Christina House for the Los Angeles Times

When I first read the headline in Wednesday's Los Angeles Times, I thought it was a joke. Then I was delighted to learn that there is a real day at Disneyland, Dapper Day, devoted to dressing well. For a day, this truly was the happiest place on Earth (for folks like me!). Go here to read the entire article.

"Many saw themselves as tastefully appointed insurgents rebelling against a world in which jeans and golf shirts are acceptable at the office, celebrities have to be reminded to cover themselves when appearing on the red carpet and the attire in airport terminals looks better suited to a track meet than to air travel."

A great number of the dapper dressers were in vintage, and they mentioned that they like dressing that way all the time. For a lot of the women, "It's just as comfortable coming in a dress as jeans and a T-shirt."  This reminds me of the day I cruised around Universal Studios with my family for hours in a knit dress and sandals. I felt cool and at ease all day.

No comments: