Monday, April 11, 2011

The Trusty Uniform




Having an outfit or two you can always count on can be a big time saver and stress reducer. Three years ago (time moves so quickly!), I wrote about my uniform, and my post only needs a little revising. The clothing boutique, Patty Montana in Goleta, has closed, so I no longer need to get ready for working there. I have also cut my hair very short, saving countless minutes with the hair dryer every day. Hooray! Jeans, a knit top, and a cardigan still constitute my casual outfit of choice, but now I've also incorporated scarves into my go-to wardrobe.

Learning that Gwenyth Paltrow is also a fan of the uniform reminded me of its value. I imagine her closet is a dream, and that she has a lot more clothing choices than most of us. Still, she seems to rely on a few pieces to look good on casual days, and I like how she lays out her outfits.

No comments: