Friday, April 8, 2011

Thank You, Calla!




I recently worked with jeweler Calla Gold. Yes, that really is her name and she creates gorgeous jewelry that goes way beyond gold baubles. We discussed my upcoming birthday and how much I would like something in my birthstone, aquamarine.

The next time we met to discuss what to wear to an upcoming conference, Calla let me know she had some gemstones for me to look at. We sat down at a table, and she put three sets of sparkling blue stones in front of me. I was speechless! They were all beautiful in their own way, but one pair particularly stood out. Twinkling from every angle, they were a pale blue that reminded me of the ocean between the shore and the really dark deeper part.

Within a couple of weeks, Calla rang my doorbell, a little black box in hand. When she opened the box it I squealed. She had created the perfect earrings for me. From Calla herself: "The glistening icy subtle blue of the aquamarines are simply set in white gold prongs that hold them as they flash and nestle on Lori's ears like little friends." I absolutely adore them and wear them nearly every day.

I told Calla the other day that they looked even better when I wore them with my Wonder Bras for Ear Lobes. Now I keep imagining the other extraordinary pieces she can create for me in the future.

No comments: