Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To Match or Not to Match?






A friend of mine makes very pretty jewelry and asked if I wanted a pair of earrings to go with the necklace she created for me. I answered no since I don't regularly match my earrings with other jewelry. She was surprised, wondering what on earth I could wear with different necklaces or bracelets.

Here are my answers:

1. Pearl stud earrings (in white, pink, black, or gray)

2. Simple hoops (large or small, in silver, gold, or two-tone)

3. Diamond studs (in a size you like, and of course they don't need to be genuine). I wear ones my daughters gave me from Claire's all the time.

Think of the above earring options as neutrals that will complement any other accessories you wear. They won't take attention away from or compete with other jewelry, and they complete your ensemble.

No comments: