Friday, October 15, 2010

Function Over Form




I am always acutely conscious of my appearance, knowing I represent my Wardrobe Wisdom motto "Dress Your Best, Everyday." So it was with some reluctance that I changed shoes over the weekend.

My family and I set off in the afternoon for Santa Barbara's Seafood Festival. It was a warm day so I wore a sundress and some chic metallic studded sandals. However, once we parked far away from the event, I reconsidered my choice in footwear. The sandals are stylish but not super comfy. Fortunately I keep a pair of super comfortable yet not so attractive flip flops in the back of the car for wardrobe emergencies (like the time I sped off to book group in my slippers).

In the end, function won out over form and I changed into the flip flops. Sure, it somewhat ruined the fetching effect of my dress, but my feet were very happy and I could truly enjoy the day.

By the way, comfortable and attractive shoes do exist! Look at UGG (not just their boots), Born, Me Too, and Sofft.

No comments: