Friday, May 21, 2010

Donating and Shopping




In my garage there is always a "donations" bag. Every time a charity calls, I can honestly say, "Yes, I do have some things for you." In addition, I often donate and consign things for my clients. As a result, I have frequented some great thrift stores which are doing very important work.

Here are some I recommend:
Alpha Thrift
Assistance League of Santa Barbara
Casa Esperanza
Music Academy of the West
Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
St. Vincent's Santa Barbara
Unity Shoppe (including Job Smart)
Ventura County Rescue Mission


Some incredible clothing can be found at the Music Academy's The Rack and at the Assistance League store. If you haven't worn or used something for a year, it is probably time to donate it. Someone will appreciate your kindness.

No comments: