Saturday, May 1, 2010

5 Rules You Should Never Break




I've expressed my admiration of Clinton Kelly before. He is so on target, so funny, and so darn smart when it comes to clothing and style. I just came across his 5 rules from In Style magazine and thought I would pass them on.

1. Never show visible panty lines (VPL). I (Lori) was not an early adapter of the thong but have learned that it is necessary at times. Fortunately, there are other alternatives that hide the VPL just as well: seamless underwear and boy shorts. "If lines are still visible, your pants are too snug."

2. Just because it's a trend doesn't mean you should wear it. "Never participate in a trend at your own expense." This is why I am staying far away from short rompers this season!

3. Don't bare your midriff unless you're at the beach. Here is where Kelly's humor comes in: "If you're sporting a flesh belt unintentionally, it means you're wearing shirts that are too small or you're really bad at doing laundry."

4. Never buy shoes that don't fit. I'd like to add never, never, never!

5. Don't pay attention to sizes. I've mentioned this again and again, but here is Kelly's take: "Each label will fit you differently, and you will drive yourself crazy if you declare you will never wear anything above an 8. Always take 2 sizes into the dressing room and relax. "

No comments: