Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Vision to Behold


When I came across the above photograph, I sighed in admiration. Talented hands had lovingly created these loaves of bread, using quality ingredients and time-honored techniques.

Every now and then, it's important to just pause and admire beauty. We do not need to gorge ourselves on bread, clothing, or accessories, but we can look at them and gain understanding of their value and their effect on us. When I spend time at Renaud's Bakery or Saks Fifth Avenue, I may or may not buy anything (okay--I always buy something at Renaud's) but I feel happier, having seen something created by gifted people.

1 comment:

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

I just found your blog....and am really enjoying it! You have inspired me to purge the old from my wardrobe as well, and take spring cleaning to new heights. I LOVE fashion, and am really happy to have found your blog right before spring break when I get a teeny break from work (at least the meetings, the 'must be at my office' type of work).
Have a great day!!