Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What a Find!

Photo Credit: demarcosfashion.com

A treasure appeared to me in the form of a window display featuring whimsical dresses (above), shoes, and bags. I crossed the street to get a closer look, and was waved in by the friendly, accomplished, and visionary director of De Marcos Fashion Academy, Jodi De Marcos. She seemed genuinely excited to show me around her space, introducing me to 2 students who were busily sketching designs. I got to see some gorgeous, exquisitely constructed garments and learned the history of the Academy and its programs.

I left feeling lucky to have happened upon this place and was very impressed with all the Academy has to offer, most notably an extremely knowledgeable and passionate director. She is serious about teaching fashion enthusiasts how to pursue their professional dreams. I cannot wait to see their next fashion show in August and will keep you updated here on my blog about upcoming events.

De Marcos Fashion Academy is currently located between De La Vina and Chapala Streets, on Mission Street in Santa Barbara.

No comments: