Friday, March 21, 2014

A Good Idea



Image Credit: calleencordero.com

Lately I have been half-heartedly shopping for some summer shoes and sandals. What I have in mind are replacements for my cognac colored flats, black sandals and a silver pair of wedge sandals. In addition to checking out the shoes in Santa Barbara, I have been poring over websites.

But today I stopped hammering on my keyboard and realized I was looking for things very similar to what I already had instead of venturing out a bit and seeking something fresh. What was wrong with me? I get frustrated with my clients sometimes who have hired me to update their look yet cling to outdated styles. I am not an advocate of all things trendy, but it is important to see what is currently available and to broaden our vision.

With this in mind, I am now ready to get serious about shopping for shoes.  I love the ones above--which are different from everything I have--but they are a bit (read: way) out of my price range.

No comments: