Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Esquire Magazine Comes Through

Image Credit: esquire.com

As I have stated before in my blog, I get exasperated periodically with Esquire magazine. I appreciate that it's a men's magazine, but the sexist language and exploitative photos of women get old. Still, Esquire does keep me up to date on men's fashion, and I love the "Ask Nick" column by fashion director Nick Sullivan.

In this month's issue, a lot of advice is doled out regarding denim. Here are some highlights that apply to jeans for both sexes:

1. Wash only as needed. Try a vinegar spritz which means spraying a light spray in white vinegar or on problem areas to neutralize odors.

2. Fold your jeans, put them in a plastic freezer bag, and leave them in the freezer overnight. The cold "can kill some of the stench-causing bacteria.

3. When the washing machine can be avoided no longer, use a little detergent, wash the jeans inside out and always HANG DRY!

No comments: