Thursday, July 18, 2013

An Agenda

Image Credit: Neiman Marcus (Cole Haan Air Bacara Back-Bow Ballerina Flat)


A friend and I were discussing Nordstrom's upcoming Anniversary Sale (it starts this Friday). I detest crowds but like to hit the sale one evening a few days after it starts. Believe me, they have plenty of inventory for those who don't line up early on day one of the sale.

My friend asked me what I was looking for, and I took awhile to answer her. What do I need? Frankly, besides a pair of black flats to replace the ones I have worn out, I don't need anything. Not so exciting for a wardrobe consultant, huh? Sure, there may be a few items on my wish list, but my only agenda shopping-wise right now is to find those shoes. Wow! So why will I go to the sale? To see what Nordstrom is carrying for the fall, what trends and colors they are highlighting, and to get a beat on what interests me fashion-wise these days. 

What about you? Do you have any holes in your cool-weather wardrobe that need filling? Now is a good time to determine what you may need this fall and begin scouting the pre-season sales. Try not to get caught up in the sale frenzy though and buy only what you truly love. Or you can just enjoy the rest of the summer, making the most of this beautiful weather and slower paced days. 

No comments: