Thursday, March 21, 2013

Two Wardrobes



Many of my friends, especially those who live in cool climates, are amused when I tell them I have put away my winter clothes. This changing out of wardrobes is a ritual I go through twice a year, and I think it's invaluable.

I find that going through my clothes in the fall and spring helps me edit out things I have not worn. It also reminds me what I have loved wearing and why. When I bring out the "new" clothes, it is like seeing familiar friends. Of course I do not have two entirely different wardrobes. I am not a movie star after all! Instead, I put away my heavier wool sweaters and dark colored skirts, dresses, and tops in the spring. Around September, I get out these clothes and put away my linen, light cotton, and brightly colored clothing, including my shorts, bathing suits, and cover ups.

Make sure that the clothing you store is clean and is put away in breathable bags or boxes. I like to put cedar in with any wool items.

Go here to read about the benefits of packing away clothes, according to Apartment Therapy.

No comments: