Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Vintage Affair



My family gave me a Kindle for my birthday this month. At first I was less than excited since I favor old-school books, hardback or paperback. But after using it for a few weeks, I am quite attached to my Kindle. The book I am currently reading on it is wholly entertaining: A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. This novel's protagonist is a vintage clothing store owner, and the plot revolves around her relationships with men, a dying woman, and her parents. Any lover of vintage clothing will be enamored with this book, since the author clearly knows her sartorial history and goes into great detail about the garments. She also understands the feelings people have for their clothing and how what we wear, or want to wear, affects us. According to my Kindle, I am 85% finished with the book. I will be sad when the story ends.

3 comments:

HeatherM said...

Have loved my Kindle for years now. If you (or Chip!) have an iPad at home you can also download the app and read it there as well. Enjoy!!!

HeatherM said...

I have loved my kindle for years now. Glad you like it. If you (or Chip) have an iPad, you can also download the app there and read from there as well. Enjoy!

Lori Cooper said...

Believe it or not, we do not have an iPad! I am reading a regular book now but have several waiting for me on my Kindle. It is fun!