Thursday, March 7, 2013

Flattering Glasses



Today I was asked to accompany a friend to Eye & Vision Care. She needed a new pair of glasses and wanted help choosing flattering frames. Since my family goes to Eye & Vision, I know that the opticians there are superbly qualified to select frames that will look great on various face shapes. Thank goodness they are so good because I am usually looking at frames with dilated eyes and need all the help I can get.

My friend has dark blond hair and brown eyes so I suggested tortoise shell or warm toned frames which would go well with her features. Since she has a full face, I steered her toward the more square framed glasses, as opposed to rectangular ones which were too small and the round ones which made her face look larger. Then Barbara, an optician, stepped in and suggested some frames. My friend tried on a number of them until she found the ones that felt and looked fantastic.

I have found some great-looking and reasonably priced reading glasses (I have them scattered around my house) at the UCSB Bookstore, Eye and Vision Care, Lewis and Clark, and Indian Summers.

Johnny Depp is extremely attractive to me, despite his grungy look and his round face/round glasses look. Apologies to those who are mystified by his appeal (including my daughters and most of my friends).

No comments: