Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dining Out




Once in awhile I have to veer from my clothing obsession to write about my equally if not more powerful obsession with food.

In January I took my mom out to lunch for a long overdue birthday present. We went to Santa Barbara City College's Gourmet Dining Room and it was an absolute delight from start to finish. Naturally the view of the ocean was spectacular, and the dining room was simply but elegantly furnished. The wait staff (students in SBCC's Culinary Arts) was earnest and friendly. And the food was spectacular!

I do not remember the last time I had such a beautifully cooked piece of salmon. It had a slightly crunchy, light crust and melted on my fork. A understated and lovely lemon butter sauce added to its delicious taste. The accompanying haricots verts were also fresh and tasty. And the salad which started the meal was full of flavor and looked pretty and sprightly on my plate. All the food was prepared by SBCC students.

In short, I cannot wait to return to the Gourmet Dining Room and suggest you get yourselves over there ASAP. Oh, I forgot to mention its affordability: our meal was less than $25!

No comments: