Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Animal Friendly




Let me start by saying that I love animals. I grew up surrounded by wonderful pets that I dearly loved. However, when I head downtown to do some high end shopping for clients, I do not expect to encounter animals in the stores.

Today I learned that Saks Fifth Avenue is an animal friendly store. Just look at this HUGE dog, wandering around Saks without a leash, its owner several feet away. Not one employee suggested that perhaps the dog stay outside whilst the owner shopped.

I would not think of letting my cat run amok at Saks and at Nordstrom, another department store which seems to welcome animals. Last week I witnessed a helpless saleswoman in Nordstrom's handbags section being mauled by an enormous hound while its owner commented, "Oh, she likes you." Come on, people! Show some manners, please.

(By the way, the selection of Joie clothing at Saks is incredible right now. Such lovely, chic pieces!)

No comments: