Monday, February 6, 2012

Afraid to Commit?




Sometimes a new look comes along that we are not sure about. I took a long time to warm up to the bootie trend from a couple of years ago, but now I like it. Still, I am not ready to shell out big bucks for booties if I am not sure I will get my money's worth. Will I wear them all the time? Or will they languish in my closet?

This kind of situation calls for a trip to Payless Shoes. I went there yesterday with my girls and tried on some cute and very affordable ones (pictured) . For less than $40 I can experiment with this look and figure out if my wardrobe would benefit from a higher quality pair that would last awhile.

I recommend that you do the same when you are not sure about trying a new look. Purchase a version on the cheap before you invest in the same look for a lot more money. Some "trial look" stores I like, besides Payless, are Forever 21, Wet Seal, and Target.

3 comments:

Sara Caputo, MA said...

I like the idea of trying something out at a lower cost with the suggestions you gave... and I am just not a fan of these short boots - I mean... are they shoes or boots? :)

Lori Cooper said...

They are shoe/boots--booties. I know they are kind of silly which is why I took awhile to get used to them. But I think they can look cute with skinny jeans and leggings. I am not a big fan of them with dresses or skirts.

Calla Gold said...

Your Payless Shoes is so great. Because I've had that thought, "would this work for me?" And not wanted to spend the earth to find out.
But a trial run at Payless, just perfect. Then if I like it, I can go upscale and look for the perfect accessory in the right color and with the cutest details.