Friday, August 19, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T




What a splendid quote from Esquire's fashion director, Nick Sullivan: "If you like something, respect it. Hang your pants."

My youngest daughter tends to do what I like to call "stop and drop." This means she simply leaves her clothing on the floor, wherever she has taken it off. A cursory glance around her room gives me a pretty good idea of what she has worn in the past few days. She is not bothered by the mess or clutter at all. Since I am, I ask that she leaves her door closed.

However, Sullivan's statement is a motto I value. I plan to pass his words of wisdom on to my daughter. I have said as much to her before, differently, and hope that someone else's words will have a greater impact.

Do you like your clothes? Think about this. They cover you, make you feel terrific, cost money you have worked hard for, and make a difference in how you are treated. Your clothing deserves your respect, so treat it well!


No comments: