Monday, August 8, 2011

Go Gauchos! SB shopping #4

Every time a college buddy or visiter is in town, we end up roaming around UCSB. My husband works there and relishes his role as campus tour guide (that is his hobby, not his job!).

I took my girls to UCSB's bookstore the other day, looking for new school lunch boxes. We were distracted by many enticing things en route to the bag section. When I was a student many moons ago, there were about 3 sweatshirt and T-shirt designs available which featured UCSB letters. Now there is a mind-boggling number of logo wear, from baby shoes to workout bras. Truly, there is something for every member of the family who wants to wear something Gaucho.

We were close to the backpack section when my daughter detoured into the boutique area. Here are darling bags and accessories by Vera Bradley, stationery, scarves, jewelry, and all sorts of gift items. I picked up a pretty little makeup bag for friend's upcoming birthday present.

Finally we reached the desired lunchbox area. What a selection! I found a roomy one for myself in a cute design, and my daughter found a simple blue one that folded down like a paper bag. Once we made our selections, we continued to shop.

If you need an iPad case, a case for your cell phone, a good-looking tote bag, a leather bag, a purse. . . In short, if you need any sort of vessel to carry your stuff in, you should check out UCSB's bookstore.


No comments: