Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why Don't I Wear This?




Yesterday I put on a lovely blue dress. I was heading out to shop and have learned I receive better treatment from salespeople if I wear a dress. After shopping awhile with a client and friend, I remembered why I don't wear that dress more often. Besides the fact that it requires dry cleaning, it reveals too much of my bust for my comfort level.

Last night I solved that problem by taking 10 minutes to tack the front of the dress together. Now it is perfect! This made me think about clothing I have encountered in my own and in clients' closets, clothing that just requires a bit of tweaking to be made wearable. My advice is to look through your wardrobe for clothing that is not quite right. Determine if your garments can be fixed by you or can be easily altered by a tailor. Then get busy! If you find clothing that requires a lot of work, or if you know you are not up to the task and do not want to spend the money to make certain garments wearable, donate them. They are just taking up valuable closet real estate.

No comments: