Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Keeping Whites Pristine




There is nothing like the little high I get from purchasing a new white T-shirt. My husband has, on more than one occasion, counted the number of these shirts I own and wants to know why I need more than one. Sheesh! As fellow white tee lovers know, I wear them several times a week so owning more than one is a necessity!

If only these tees did not get those icky yellow underarm stains so quickly (which is why you must replace them or only wear them under things when this happens). I've written about the white T-shirt problem before; here are some more tips, from InStyle magazine:

1. For light stains, spot-treat areas with a mix of two parts water to one part detergent before washing.

2. For spills, soak shirts in non-chlorine bleach for 30 minutes before laundering.

3. For heavy stains, it is best to take your soiled clothing to a dry cleaner.

No comments: